music player


counters

Tuesday 2 September 2014

GCE1033' assingnment (Forum)


How to Curb your Expenditure
 Panel 1: Student of college (Nurul Nadhirah Binti Abdullah)

Question: As we know, students often struggle financially during their academic careers. Eating out, hobby, spending on entertainment and of course paying for books and education expenses can quickly wipe out a student’s budget. So, miss Nadhirah, as a student of college how you manage your expenditure? Would you share your experience?

Panel 1: Thank you, Good morning everyone, thank you for given me this opportunity to share with you all about my experience how I spend my money. Being a student and teenagers, it is normal to spend a lot of money to fulfill their needs and wants. Especially when allowance was given and it happened on me too. Actually I have a hobby. I think most of the girls also love to do so. Well, it is shopping. For me to buy something that I love and want is a satisfaction. When I go shopping to shopping complex then I saw something eye catching, I will be in a dilemma. By hook or by crook I will try to get it although I have to make a loan and use all my allowance for a month. Usually, I am attracted to gadgets. I admit that I am obsessed in collecting gadgets. i want to be the first one who have every latest gadget among my friends.
                Then, when semester break I prefer to join a trips with my friend. Travel is my hobby too and also entertains me. For your information, last year, I went to Hawaii for three days and two night .For the trip I spent almost three thousand. I really don’t mind at all as long as I enjoy and released tension.
                Furthermore, As a girls, beauty, hygiene, convenient, and personality must thumb up. So, I spent a ton of money for this part including cosmetics, personal hygiene care tools, trendy and branded cloths also jewelers that became my cup of tea is must. Then I also really stress on room decor. Actually I love English traditional styles so I will anything such as curtain, wallpapers, lamp, furniture and many more to make sure my room look like English traditional. I will buy several of things to fell like home.
                The climax is when one day. my account was paralyzed because of over limit debt. My money run out. Unfortunately, my parent also in the hot soup too so they cannot help me. I did not have spare saving at all because l had used them. I was so struggle and have to borrow from my friends for food and rent. I also have to sell all my gadgets and my branded clothes.
l became very stressed and it took a toll on my study. Seriously, I could not focus and my result not flying colour as usually. From the day I learnt a lesson and regret with my bad big spender attitude. After the day happen, I met a counselor and start to make a strict budget and commit to stick with it. Then, If I want to buy something, I will make a list of necessary things to buy and always bare in my mind that money does not grow on trees. To make sure the spending never exceeds the budget, I use an envelope system with envelopes labeled for each of the spending categories. At beginning of each month cash in the amount budgeted for month is placed in the envelope, and once the envelope is empty, spending in that category stops until the beginning of the next month. Then, I also use credit card when emergency only. Last but not least is I hope all of audiences can take my story as a useful lesson because it is no use to cry over the spilt milk.
.                                                                                              

                

No comments:

Post a Comment